Learn more about scouting, and register today!Join Here!
Merit Badge Midway
Earn up to 10 merit badges in one weekend!Rank Up!
Looking for Camp Daniel Boone?
You're (almost) at the right place!CLICK HERE!
Save the Date for this fantastic event in February!Learn More!
Welcome to Daniel Boone Council, Boy Scouts of America!
Daniel Boone Council is headquartered in Asheville, North Carolina. Our mission is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Daniel Boone Council Service Center COVID-19 Update
The health and safety of our Scouting members, volunteers and employees is our top priority. We are doing our due diligence to monitor the COVID19 pandemic, county, state and federal recommendations, CDC guidelines, and BSA recommendations. Our primary goal is to operate in the safest manner possible for everyone; we will continue to monitor and evaluate the situations we face and make appropriate decisions moving forward.
Until further notice, the following stipulations will be in place:
- The building will be closed to walk-in visitors. If you need to visit someone at the office, we ask that you call ahead to make an appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, please use the front entrance only. Please see below for a listing of who to contact to better assist you.
- Council Office hours are Monday - Friday from 8am – 5pm. We are closed most Federal Holidays.
- Visitors who have appointments will need to wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available as you enter and leave the building.
- Credit Card payments need to be made in the interim, as cash payments are highly discouraged. Credit Card payments can be made over the phone; to do this please call the Council Office and ask for Terry.
Due to a reduction in Council staff, several employees are doing multiple jobs now. Here is a list of who to contact for different Council Office needs:
Melinda Kuehn (ext. 121) - Camp Daniel Boone including Summer Camp Registration or Weekend Camping
Terry Quackenbush (ext. 123) - Event Payments, Unit Accounts, Accounting
Jennifer Fox (ext. 120) – Executive Assistant, BSA Registration, Advancements including Eagles, Training, My.Scouting and Scoutbook assistance
Paul Hollier (ext. 125) – Asst. Scout Executive, Special Events, Fundraising
Brian Sullivan (ext. 131) – Field Director, Falling Waters District (Western Counties)
James Hylemon (ext. 129) – District Executive Mount Mitchell District (Northern Counties including Northern Buncombe County (North of I-40))
Jonathan Hutto (ext. 128) – District Executive Looking Glass District (Southern Counties including Southern Buncombe County (South of I-40))
The Asheville Scout Shop:
Please use door located off back parking lot for access.
With the Asheville Scout Shop serving all your Scouting needs, gearing up for your next adventure has never been easier. We offer a full line of Scouting apparel, awards and accessories as well as great assortment of craft and gift items.
Please be aware of the changes below when shopping at the store.
Monday: 9:00am - 1:30pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 1:30pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 1:30pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 1:30pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Scout Shop visitors must use the back entrance only.
- Masks are required for all visitors ages 5 & up.
- All types of advancements will be pulled by store employees.
- The Council Office will be closed to walk in visitors. If you plan to use a store voucher, please call the Council Office 24 hours in advance to authorize and the voucher will be sent to the store in time for your arrival. Store employees cannot request vouchers.
- The dressing room and restrooms are available on request.
Thank you to our Community Partners!
Our Community Partners help Scouting experiences take place within Daniel Boone Council.
Need help using the features of this website? View the User Manual