Camp Daniel Boone Summer Camp
Camp is projected to be sold out again in this coming summer. Register Early!! Over 60 councils annually attend CDB!Register
Merit Badge Counselor InformationEnter Site
Scouts BSA Virtual Merit Badges
Scouts can earn a large variety of merit badges. Classes are filling up fast.Schedule
Read or subscribe to our latest E-Newsletter for council news and activities.subscribe
Welcome to Daniel Boone Council, Boy Scouts of America!
Daniel Boone Council is headquartered in Asheville, North Carolina. Our mission is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
2020 DBC Virtual Day Camp (Cub Scouts) https://www.danielboonecouncil.org/dbcvdc2020
WEBELOS WOODS click here!
Daniel Boone Council Service Center Reopening Update
The health and safety of all our Scouting members, volunteers and employees is our top priority. We are doing our due diligence, to monitor the COVID19 pandemic, county, state and federal recommendations, CDC guidelines, and BSA recommendations. Our primary goal is to operate in the safest manner possible for everyone; we will continue to monitor and evaluate the situations we face and make appropriate decisions moving forward.
At this time the Council Service Center is scheduled to reopen this week. Until further notice, the following stipulations will be in place:
- Reopens on Tuesday, June 2nd.
- The Council Office will be closed on Mondays; staff will be working remotely from home and will be available by phone and email.
- Council Office hours will be Tuesday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
- During this time, the building will be closed to walk-in visitors. If you need to visit someone at the office, we ask that you call ahead to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be held at a 6x6 table located in the front lobby, no one will be allowed in the individual offices.
- Visitors who have appointments will need to wear a mask and gloves.
- Hand sanitizer will be available as you enter and leave the building.
- To minimize their time in the office until the COVID19 situation gets better, the Council Office will stagger days that support staff and management staff are there. During this time, the staff that is not in the office will be working remotely from home and will be available by phone and email.
- District Executives will continue to work from home and only come to the office as needed. They will be available anytime by phone and email.
- Credit Card payments need to be made in the interim, as cash payments are highly discouraged. Credit Card payments can be made over the phone; to do this please call the Council Office and ask for Kim.
- Cough protective barriers will be put up in each office doorway.
- If you just need to drop papers off, a wooden drop box will be available during office hours (Tues – Fri, 9am -5pm) outside the front door; no appointment necessary.
Asheville Scout Shop:
- We're back and ready to serve you.
- The Scout Shop will be closed on Mondays.
- Scout Shop store hours will be:
- Tuesday – Friday 9am – 5pm; closed 2 – 2:30pm for lunch
- Saturdays 10am - 1pm.
- Scout Shop store visitors must use the back-door entrance only.
- There is a limit of 4 people allowed in the store at a time.
- All visitors must wear a face mask during your entire visit and adhere to the 6ft social distancing requirement.
- All types of advancements must be pulled by store employees only; (Click here to complete the new Advancement order Request form) Once completed, your order will be automatically submitted to Asheville Scout Shop for processing. Payment can also be made via credit card over the phone.
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is required for ALL orders.
- The Council Office will be closed to walk in visitors, if you plan to use a store voucher, please call the store 24 hours in advance so a voucher can be obtained from the office in time for your arrival.
- The dressing room and restrooms will be temporally closed.
- Safe and convenient curbside pickup is now available; all you need to do is this:
- Call or email your store to place your order.
- Give us a little time to prep and process – we will notify you when your order is ready and with instructions on pickup.
- Once you arrive, just give us a call and we will deliver your goods to you safely, with a smile and a wave (and without
Camp Daniel Boone:
At this time ALL Camp Daniel Boone facilities are closed through June. We will reassess the situation later and make appropriate decisions to move forward at that time. Keep an eye out on the Council Facebook page (Daniel Boone Council, BSA), the Camp Facebook page (Camp Daniel Boone) and the Council Long Rifle Newsletter for any future announcements.
No decision has been made at this time about Webelos Woods. We will reassess this situation in a couple of weeks.
Again, the health and safety of all our Scouting members, volunteers and employees is our top priority. We will continue to monitor and evaluate the situations we face and make appropriate decisions moving forward.
Thank you for your understanding as we all navigate through this very difficult time. Please be smart, be safe and we look forward to seeing Scouting return to normal in the Daniel Boone
Council and at Camp Daniel Boone soon!
Cancelled/Postponed Council and District Events:
Camp Card Sale Suspension and Payments:
Thank you to our Community Partners!
Our Community Partners help Scouting experiences take place within Daniel Boone Council.
Need help using the features of this website? View the User Manual