Learn more about scouting, and register today!Join Here!
The Camp Card Sale is over. Please ensure your cards are turned in to your unit/council ASAP. Register your Super Sellers here!Super Sellers Click Here!
Cub Scout Day Camp!
Cub Scout Summer Day and Twilight Camps are posted in one place! Join us for one or more of these great events!Learn More Here
Help us prepare for Summer Camp and kick off Staff Week! Hosted by the OA, but all Troops and Packs are invited!Learn More!
Welcome to Daniel Boone Council, Boy Scouts of America!
Daniel Boone Council is headquartered in Asheville, North Carolina. Our mission is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Daniel Boone Council Service Center Update
The health and safety of our Scouting members, volunteers and employees is our top priority. Due to an ongoing issue people haging out in and around the Council Office building location, until further notice, the following stipulations will be in place:
Please use doors locate at the front parking lot
- The building will be closed to walk-in visitors. If you need to visit someone at the office, we ask that you call ahead to make an appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, please use the front entrance only. Please see below for a listing of who to contact to better assist you.
- Council Office hours are Monday - Friday from 8am – 5pm. We are closed most Federal Holidays.
- Credit Card payments need to be made in the interim, as cash payments are highly discouraged. Credit Card payments can be made over the phone; to do this please call the Council Office and ask for Terry.
Due to the continued reduction in Council staff, several employees are doing multiple jobs now. Here is a list of who to contact for different Council Office needs:
Melinda Kuehn (ext. 121) or Tucker Shealy (ext. 127) - Camp Daniel Boone including Summer Camp Registration or Weekend Camping
Terry Quackenbush (ext. 123) - Accounting
Debbie Melton - (ext. 122) - Event Payments, Unit Accounts, Accounts Receivable or Payable
Jennifer Fox (ext. 120) – Executive Assistant, BSA Registration, Advancements including Eagles, Training, My.Scouting and Scoutbook assistance
Paul Hollier (ext. 125) – Asst. Scout Executive, Special Events, Fundraising
Brian Sullivan (ext. 131) – Field Director, Falling Waters District (Western Counties)
James Hylemon (ext. 129) – District Executive Mount Mitchell District (Northern Counties including Northern Buncombe County (North of I-40))
Jonathan Hutto (ext. 128) – District Executive Looking Glass District (Southern Counties including Southern Buncombe County (South of I-40)
The Asheville Scout Shop:
Please use door located off back parking lot for access.
With the Asheville Scout Shop serving all your Scouting needs, gearing up for your next adventure has never been easier. We offer a full line of Scouting apparel, awards and accessories as well as great assortment of craft and gift items.
Please be aware of the changes below when shopping at the store.
Monday: 9:00am - 1:30pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 1:30pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 1:30pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 1:30pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Scout Shop visitors must use the back entrance only.
- All types of advancements will be pulled by store employees.
- The Council Office will be closed to walk in visitors. If you plan to use a store voucher, please call the Council Office 24 hours in advance to authorize and the voucher will be sent to the store in time for your arrival. Store employees cannot request vouchers.
- The dressing room and restrooms are available on request.
Thank you to our Community Partners!
Our Community Partners help Scouting experiences take place within Daniel Boone Council.
Need help using the features of this website? View the User Manual