Toe River Pinewood Derby
Come out and join us for the Toe River District Pinewood Derby!
Weigh in times:
Webelos/AOL: 9:30 AM
Bear: 10:00 AM
Wolf: 10:30 AM
Tigers: 11:00 AM
Lions: 11:30 AM
Championship Race (top 3 of each den) will start at 12:30 ALL CARS MUST BE CHECKED BEFORE their ranks race starts.
Charge for Scouts $5.00/car. Charge for Outlaw (adults) $5.00/car
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
1) You must use the official pinewood derby car kit.
2) Anyone can hlep you build the car.
3) Any tools can be used when done safely under adult supervision
4) Size and tolerances:
- Length- 7 inches (max)
- Width- 2 3/4 inches (max)
- Distance between the wheels (side to side)- 1 3/4 inches
- Ground clearance- 3/8 inch
- Weight- 5.0 ounces
5) Axels must be interted into the existing slots in the pine block. The wheelbase cannot be changed or relocated. However, the car can be built ot run backwards.
6) Once the car has been "checked in", it cannot be touched again except under supervision of the staff until after the competiton.
7) No additional lubrication will be allowed after "check in".
8) All weights must be securly attached to the car. Replacing any loose weights will be done by the owner under supervision of the staff in charge.
9) If a broken car cannot be fixed by the owner, under staff supervision, it will be disqualified.
11) Outlaw race has no size limitations, as long as it does not impied other cars. This race is designed for Adults to race, however scouts can join this race as well
12) Trophies for the Scouts race, patches for ALL Racers!!!
ALL REMEMBER THAT EVERY SCOUT WHO ENTERS A CAR IS A WINNER!
|Toe River/Nantahala District Executive||James Hylemon||(828) 275-3075|