The 2023 recharter season is upon us and again Daniel Boone Council units will be using the online Internet Rechartering module. This method for rechartering makes the whole process easier because you’ll be completing the charter renewal information yourself—which ensures that it will be correct—and you can do it from your home or office, anytime that it’s convenient for you. The 2023 membership fee is $87 for Youth (Except Exploring) and $57 for ALL adults (including Exploring) and Youth in Explorer Post Units. Scout Life magazine is an additional $15 .
2023 Yearly Fee:
- $87 per year (+$25 for new scouts)
- $57 for adults
Monthly Breakdown of Fees (including new scout fee):
- January - $112
- February - $104.75
- March - $97.50
- April - $90.25
- May - $83
- June - $75.75
- July - $68.50
- August - $61.50
- September - $54
- October - $46.25
- November - $39.50
- December - $32.25
Here is how it works:
- The supported browsers are Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11. The system is not compatible with a Mac Computer.
- The recharter will need to be completed by one of the units Key 3 (CR, CC, Unit Leader - Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Skipper, Crew Advisor). This person will be known as the renewal processor.
- The renewal processor will use the Internet Charter Renewal system to identify returning members, add new members, and verify / update information for all individual; such as, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
To renew your units charter on-line:
- Beginning Sept. 1st, which is ninety days before the unit's expiration date (12-31-2022), the units renewal processor will begin the recharter process by reviewing the units current roster obtained through the My.Scouting system.
- Beginning on October 1st, the renewal processor will access the recharter system at the following webpage and begin the process; https://advancements.scouting.org
- When the on-line process is completed, the renewal processor will submit the Recharter; DO NOT PAY ONLINE; instead choose the "PAY TO COUNCIL" option then click submit. Once submitted, this will then initiate for one of the Key 3 members to approve the recharter.
- Once the recharter has been approved by one of the Key 3 members, they will need to use the provided link in a follow up message to print a copy of the new approved roster, and bring it and any new applications, any youth protection training certificates, any CBC authorizations and monies to your District Executive or designated District Representative by the NOVEMBER 15th deadline.
Important Dates To Remember:
September 1 2022 Renewal processor will begin the recharter process by reviewing the units current roster obtained through the My.Scouting system.
October 1, 2022 Internet Rechartering System goes “Live” for all DBC units.
October Roundtable jennifer Fox will be in attendance at each October District Roundtable to assist any units that are having issues and to answer questions.
November 14, 2022 Deadline for recharter to be submitted and approved by unit Key 3.
November 15, 2022 Recharter roster, any new applications, any youth protection training certificates, any CBC authorizations and recahrter monies are due to your District Executive or designated District Representative.
- ALL LEADERS (New and renewing) AND YOUTH OVER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS OLD MUST HAVE A COMPLETED YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING WITHIN THE PAST 2 YEARS.
- Remember, once you have clicked submit, you will be locked out of the system and can no longer access it. Please make sure you have completed all changes and additions before you press the submit button.
- Yearly BSA registration & insurance fees for youth is $87 (Except Exploring) and ALL adults and Exploring Youth are $57.00 per person. Scout Life magazine is an additional $15 per person.
NOTE: Unit charters must be received by the council office and posted with no issues by NOVEMBER 15, 2022. If they are not turned in on time with no issues your unit will drop on January 1, 2023; because of this, you will:
- Need to cease all Scout meetings and activities because of insurance lapses
- No longer be covered on our Accident, Sickness, and Liability Insurance Policies in the case of an accident or incident
- Leaders will not be able to access unit functions within My.Scouting or Scoutbook
- Not be able to process rank advancements or awards in Scoutbook and then cannt pick them up at the Scout Shop
Please do not attempt to make any changes to the Chartering Organization or the Executive Office online. Doing so will cause the system to freeze and you will need to get reset. After submitting & printing paperwork, cross out and update Chartering Organization or the Executive Office on the printed copy.
If you have questions, please contact your Unit Commissioner or your District Executive.
If you are unable to reach one of them you can contact Jennifer Fox, Council Registrar at 828-254-6189 or by email at email@example.com
***EXPLORER POSTS WILL USE THE SAME SYSTEM AS TRADITIONAL UNITS THIS YEAR***