Click here for Recharter 2021-22 Information
Recharter Cost Work Sheet - for Packs, Troops, Ships, and Crews only
The 2021 recharter season is upon us and again the Daniel Boone Council will be using the online Internet Rechartering module. This method for rechartering makes the whole process easier because you’ll be completing the charter renewal information yourself—which ensures that it will be correct—and you can do it from your home or office, anytime that it’s convenient for you. The 2022 membership fee is $84 for Youth (Except Exploring) and $57 for ALL adults (including Exploring) and Youth in Explorer Post Units. Boys' Life magazine is an additional $12 . All adults must have a signed background check disclosure from last year. If not marked in the recharter in Stage 3; you will need to obtain one including youth who have turned 18. Everyone 18 and older must have a current Youth Protection training and application if not already turned in.
2022 Yearly Fee:
- $84 per year (+$25 for new scouts)
- $57 for adults
Monthly Breakdown of Fees (including new scout fee):
- January - $109
- February - $102
- March - $95
- April - $88
- May - $81
- June - $74
- July - $67
- August - $60
- September - $53
- October - $46
- November - $39
- December - $32
Here is how it works:
- The supported browsers are Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11. The system is not compatible with a Mac Computer.
- Each unit will need to identify a renewal processor (this is the person that will be completing the online recharter for your unit).
- The renewal processor will use the Internet Charter Renewal system to identify returning members, add new members, and verify / update information for all individual; such as, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
To renew your units charter on-line:
- Ninety days before your unit's expiration date (12-31-2021), select a renewal processor. This should be someone in your unit who is familiar with the members and leaders of your unit to ensure all information provided through the process is correct. This person will need to have access to the internet.
- Your unit will have an access code specifically assigned to your unit.
- Each year you always log in as a first time user. After that you will go back in as a returning user.
- On October 15th, the renewal processor will access the recharter system at the following webpage and begin the process; https://scoutnet.scouting.org/ucrs/UI/home/default.aspx
- When the on-line process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application and obtains any missing signatures.
- The Unit Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach, or Crew Advisor) and the Executive Officer sign the charter renewal application (these may be obtained electronically). Once signed, turn that roster, any new applications, any youth protection training certificates and all monies into your District Executive at your districts Recharter turn-in day listed below.
Important Dates To Remember:
October Roundtable Internet Rechartering System goes “Live” for all DBC units
November 13, 2021 Recharter Help Day - Each District will have a location in their district to assist leaders with their 2022 Recharter.
December 4, 2021 Recharter Turn-in Day - Each District will have a location in their district for turn in.
- ALL LEADERS (New and renewing) AND YOUTH OVER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS OLD MUST HAVE A COMPLETED YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING.
- Remember, once you have clicked submit, you will be locked out of the system and can no longer access it. Please make sure you have completed all changes and additions before you press the submit button.
- Yearly BSA registration & insurance fees for youth is $84 (Except Exploring) and ALL adults and Exploring Youth are $57.00 per person. Boys’ Life is an additional $12 per person.
NOTE: Unit charters must be received by the council office and posted with no issues by the 12/31/2021 expiration date. If they are not turned in on time with no issues and your unit lapses/drops because of it, you will:
- Need to cease all Scout meetings and activities because of insurance lapses
- No longer be covered on our Accident, Sickness, and Liability Insurance Policies in the case of an accident or incident
- Not be able to process rank advancements or awards at the Scout Shop/Office
- Not be able to purchase the awards/advancements that have been earned but not reported
Please do not make any changes to the Chartering Organization or the Executive Office online. Doing so will cause the system to freeze and you will need to get reset. After submitting & printing paperwork, cross out and update Chartering Organization or the Executive Office on the printed copy.
If you have questions, please contact your Unit Commissioner or your District Executive.
If you are unable to reach one of them you can contact Jennifer Fox, Council Registrar at 828-254-6189 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
***EXPLORER POSTS WILL USE THE SAME SYSTEM AS TRADITIONAL UNITS THIS YEAR***