The 2018 recharter season is upon us and again the Daniel Boone Council will be using the online Internet Rechartering module. This method for rechartering makes the whole process easier because you’ll be completing the charter renewal information yourself—which ensures that it will be correct—and you can do it from your home or office, anytime that it’s convenient for you.
Here is how it works:
- The supported browsers are Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11. The system is not compatible with a Mac Computer.
- Each unit will need to identify a renewal processor (this is the person that will be completing the online recharter for your unit).
- The renewal processor will use the Internet Charter Renewal system to identify returning members, add new members, and verify / update information for all individual; such as, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Each district of the council will conduct a training session on Internet Rechartering during the October Roundtable. The renewal processor from each unit must be in attendance, and complete the training.
- Additionally, information is attached to this email and is available online in the recharter section of the website; www.danielboonecouncil.org/recharter
To renew your units charter on-line:
- Ninety days before your unit's expiration date (12-31-2018), select a renewal processor. This should be someone in your unit who is familiar with the members and leaders of your unit to ensure all information provided through the process is correct. This person also needs access to the internet.
- The renewal processor attends the recharter training session to learn about Internet Rechartering. This is held at the October district roundtable.
- Your unit will have an access code specifically assigned to your unit. You can find this code in green above.
- Each year you always log in as a first time user. After that you will go back in as a returning user.
- On October 1st, the renewal processor will access the recharter system at the following webpage and begin the process; https://scoutnet.scouting.org/ucrs/UI/home/default.aspx
- When the on-line process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application and obtains any missing signatures
- The Unit Leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach, or Crew Advisor) and the Executive Officer sign the charter renewal application (these may be obtained electronically). Once signed, turn that roster, any new applications, any youth protection training certificates and all monies into your District Executive at your districts Recharter turn-in day listed below.
Important Dates To Remember:
October 1, 2017 Internet Rechartering System goes “Live” for all DBC units
Recharter Training will be held in all districts at the October Roundtable
November 2, 2017 Recharter turn-in day for Toe River District – during Roundtable
November 2, 2017 Recharter turn-in day for Cataloochee District – during Roundtable
November 6, 2017 Recharter turn-in day for Nantahala District – during Roundtable
November 6, 2017 Recharter turn-in day for SoQua District – 5:00-6:30pm just before Roundtable
December 2, 2017 Recharter Turn-in Day for Terrora District
- ALL LEADERS AND YOUTH OVER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS OLD MUST HAVE CURRENT YOUTH PROTECTION FOR THEIR PROGRAM. The system will not allow you to submit your recharter if anyone does not have YPT or if any have expired.
- Remember, once you have clicked submit, you will be locked out of the system and can no longer access it. Please make sure you have completed all changes and additions before you press the submit button.
- Yearly BSA registration & insurance fees for youth and adults are $42.00 per person. Boys’ Life is an additional $12 per person.
NOTE: Unit charters must be received by the council office and posted with no issues by the 12/31/18 expiration date. If they are not turned in on time with no issues and your unit lapses/drops because of it, you will:
- Need to cease all Scout meetings and activities because of insurance lapses
- No longer be covered on our Accident, Sickness, and Liability Insurance Policies in the case of an accident or incident
- Not be able to process rank advancements or awards at the Scout Shop/Office
- Not be able to purchase the awards/advancements that have been earned but not reported
THE PROMOTE & TRANSFER BUTTON IS BROKEN! DO NOT TRY TO USE IT!
If they are currently registered in Scouting somewhere else we suggest that you do not add them and just make a hand-written note on the front of your completed recharter so we can add them to your profile for you. This will help to ensure that they keep the same registration record that they currently have. Adding them as a new person will create an additional profile that may not be able to be merged with their current one. You will also need to manually add them to your amount owed total.
Please do not make any changes to the Chartering Organization or the Executive Office online. Doing so will cause the system to freeze and you will need to get reset. After submitting & printing paperwork, cross out and update Chartering Organization or the Executive Office on the printed copy.
If you have questions, please contact your Unit Commissioner or your District Executive.