Automotive Maintenance Merit Badge
Earn the Automotive Maintenance Merit Badge
Cost: $5 per youth
Location: M&D Tire and Automotive; we are located off Sweeten Creek Road heading southeast out of Biltmore Village; phone is 712-5509
Keith Rice will serve as merit badge counselor
Bring: A copy of the merit badge worksheet
Adults are encouraged to stay and observe.
Please prepare the following requirements in advance:
- 8 (a). Wiring Diagram (Discussion during class)
- 9 (a). Drive Train Diagram (Discussion during class)
- 12. Find out about three career opportunities in the automotive industry. Pick one and find out the education, training, and experience required for this profession. (Discussion during class)
- Bring a writing utensil.
- Scouts should request a blue card from their unit leader for the merit badge and bring to class that day for sign-off.
- Please arrive by 7:45 AM so we can start on time.
- Class is from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Bring a bag lunch and a water bottle.
- Parents please arrive for pick up at 2:45 PM. In case we finish early.
- Scouts should wear clothes that can get dirty (oil and grease could possibly get on clothing)
- Scouts should read and bring the Automotive Maintenance Merit Badge workbook
- PLEASE READ before coming to the class.