The Daniel Boone Council, Boy Scouts of America strives to provide superior programs for the families of Western North Carolina. Each year, the Council provides an Annual Report to highlight successes of our scouts, volunteers and Council.
Some of these highlights include:
- Top Council In Area 5 - Awarded the Boy Scouts of America Presidents Award for Council of the Year.
- Achieved Gold ranking in Journey to Excellence in 2018.
- Record year in finance.
- Achieved membership growth with 4,007 Scouts.
- Served over 5,000 Scouts from twenty different states at Camp Daniel Boone.
- Achieved a balanced operating budget for the Tenth year in a row.
We also achieved Gold, the highest ranking possible, in the BSA’s Journey to Excellence program – which measures councils in 18 lead indicators of quality programming. These are only a few key successes from 2016. If you would like to see the current and past Annual Reports, please click the links below.